Main Muscle Worked: Neck
Other Muscles: Traps
Mechanics Type: N/A
Stretch Type: General
- Get into a seated position on the floor.
- Place both hands at the rear of your head, fingers interlocked, thumbs pointing down and elbows pointing straight ahead. Slowly pull your head down to your chest. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
1. Lie Face down, shoulders about even with end of bench.
2. Place flat barbell plate on back of head, hold in place with hands.
3. Raise head up and back in semicircular
motion as far as comfortable.
4. Continue going up and back for prescribed number of reps.
5.Now draw head over to right side and raise head up and over in semicircular motion as far left
6.Continue from right to left until reps are completed
This is part of the body that gets neglected the most the neck.
To go along with yesterdays exercise with a partner and a towel
Lying Flat Bench Buddy – System Neck Resistance
1. Lie Face down on flat bench, top of shoulders even with bench.
2. Have training partner place towel over your head to keep from slipping.
3.Partner stands in front with both hands on back of your head.
4. Raise head up as high as possible.
5. Partner provides even resistance with hands as head is raised
6. Partner then smoothly and evenly pushes head down to comfortable position.
7. Resist with Neck Muscles.
8. Do prescribed number of reps.
9. Then lie on your back on bench, top of shoulders even with bench.
10. Do same up and down movements with partner’s hands on your forehead.
11. Shift to right side and repeat movements.
12. Shift to left side and repeat.
13. DO NOT LET PARTNER PUSH OR PULL HEAD FAR ENOUGH TO CAUSE DISCOMFORT.