What is the Trap Bar Deadlift?
This exercise is a supplement to the real deadlift. There is a special bar that allows you to be in a more ideal position of pulling the bar from the ground to the top.The deadlift helps in increasing leg strength and an overall body exercise.
Trap Bar Deadlift
How to Perform the Trap Bar Deadlift
- For this exercise load a trap bar, also known as a hex bar, to an right weight resting on the ground. Stand in the center of the apparatus and grasp both handles.
- Lower your hips, look forward with your head and keep your chest up.
- Begin the movement by driving through the heels and extend your hips and knees. Avoid rounding your back at all times.
- At the completion of the movement, lower the weight back to the ground under control.
I Love this exercise but make sure you have perfect form
- Place Barbell on upper back with comfortable hand grip
- Keep head up Back Straight , feet about 16″ apart.
- Bend Forward until back is nearly parallel to the floor
- Start with legs straight and as you bring weight forward, bend knees into half -squat as weight is at lowest point.
- Return to starting position.
- Inhale down, Exhale up.
Make sure you have good form Never round your back
1. Place ankle Strap on Left ankle.
2. Stand with left side to wall pulley, far enough away so legsupports weight stack.
3. Hold on to waist-high object with right hand
4. Start with left leg extended to side.
5. Pull left leg across, in front of right leg, keeping knee locked.
6. Return to starting postion.
7. Keep Back straight
, do not swing body from side to side.
8. Inhale pulling, exhale returning.
9. Repeat with Right leg.
1. With 16″ high bench behind you, Stand with heels even with end of bench .
2.Hold dumbbells at sides, at arms’ length,palms in.
3.Keep head up, back straight, feet firmly on floor , 16″ apart.
4.Squat until buttocks touch the bench
5.Do not sit on bench, keep tension on thighs.
6.Keep knees close together.
7.Return to starting position
8.Inhale down, Exhale up
9.Can also be done with heels elevated on 2×4
* There are many variations that can be done by box squats*
1.Hold Dumbbells at arm’s length, palms in.
2.Keep head up, back straight, feet close together.
3.Step to side as far as possible with right leg until upper thigh is almost parallel to floor.
4.Keep left leg as straight as possible.
5.Step back to starting position.
6.Inhale out, exhale back.
7.Repeat with left leg.
8.Can also be done with barbell held behind the neck.
Exercise of The Day :
Kneeling Low Pulley Back Kick (lower back and Hips)
1. Place ankle strap on right ankle and Have bench far enough from pulley so right leg can support weight stack while it hangs down.
2. Kneel with left knee on flat bench.
3. Grasp outer side of bench with arms locked.
4. Raise leg straight back as far as you can.
5. Do not bend knee.
6. Return leg to starting postion.
7. Place Strap on left ankle and repeat with left ankle and repeat with left leg.
8. Inhale up, exhale down
Exercise of the Day : Front Squats Medium Stance ( Upper Thighs)
1. Place barbell on upper chest, resting on front deltoids and upper thorax.
2. Place right hand on bar even with left deltoid(shoulder), left hand on bar even with right del
3. Keep upper arms slightly above parallel to keep bar from sliding.
4. Head up, back straight, Feet about 16″ apart.
5. Squat until upper thighs are halfway parallel to floor
6. Head stays up, Back straight, knees slightly out.
7. Return to starting postion.
8. Inhale down, Exhale up.
1. Place barbell on floor in front of you.
2.keep feet 16″ apart.
3.Bend down and hold bar just outside of knees.
4.Keep knees bent back straight, head up.
5. Using thighs and back, stand erect, arms locked.
6. Inhale up, exhale down.
7.Can also be done with dumbells